Camden & Islington Unite Community Meeting, Friday 18 March, 12:30pm-2pm
Venue: 4th floor board room, Ron Todd House, 33-37 Moreland Street, EC1V 8BBThe building is fully accessible with ground floor entrance, lift to all floors and disabled access toilets on each floor — if anyone has access needs please get in touch with me (Janet McLeod)
- Welcome & Introductions
- Minutes & matters arising
- Elections to vacant branch officer positions — see below
- How do we grow the union and build strength?
- Sanctions Day of Action — report back and where next?
- Housing March — report back
- Social media training – report back
- Dates for your diary
- London & Eastern Region – Activists Meeting @ Unite House, 128 Theobald’s Road, London, WC1V 8TN, Monday 4 April, 2 – 4pm
- Camden & Islington Unite Community – Branch Meeting @ Ron Todd House, 33 – 37 Moreland Street, EC1V 8BB, Friday 15 April, 12.30 – 2pm
Elections to vacant branch positionsCamden & Islington is the latest Unite Community branch to be formally constituted in the region but has been an activists group since the beginning of Unite Community four years ago. There is a strong core of activists whose experience and skills have guided the branch this far and who are encouraged by the rise in new members to seek new activists to take on more of a role in the branch committee.
Unite Community offers training and support to any of its members – we have training for branch officers, on social media, campaigning and welfare advocacy and are always open to looking at new courses as the need is identified by our branches.
The branch invites nominations from any of its members for the branch officer positions listed below. If you would like any more information on any of them please get back in touch with me and I will be happy to go through it with you. Nominations will be taken in the meeting or in advance of the meeting by email or phone.
- The current vacancies are
- Equalities Officer
- Campaigns Officer
- Industrial Liaison Officer</>
- Young Members Officer
- Social Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- In addition the branch has the right to decide on and elect officers to cover specific areas of campaigning or specific localities if it will assist the branch to recruit, organise and campaign. Camden & Islington decided at its AGM in December to seek election for a Welfare Officer to guide the campaign work around claimant support.