From Revd Paul Nicolson of Taxpayers Against Poverty
Someone among the 1% of the wealthiest has commented on Taxpayers Against Poverty Facebook page
NO SANCTIONS WITH OUT A FAIR TRIAL
- there is no independent judge as in the courts - jobcentre officials are implementing government policy
- there is no opportunity for the accused to be represented
- the housing and council tax benefits are canceled by the computer of the jobcentre which sends the cancellation signal of HB and CTRS (New CTB) to the local authority computer - making the applicant reapply for HB and CTRS - which can take weeks to reinstate.
- the DWP is content to make people hungry.
- total cancellation of the means of subsistence is a disproportionate and unjust punishment.