DRAFT MEETING AGENDA,
THURSDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2013
107 KINGSGATE ROAD, NW6 2JH,
- Gather as soon after 3pm as possible and appoint/select facilitator/chairperson and minute-taker
- Apologies: Brian, Carolyn, Clarence, Kirsty, Lexie, Mandy, Marie, Mark, Mira, Nygell, Pam
- Cases and Members' Wellbeing (Pt 1)
- Draft Minutes of group meetings held 7 November 2013 and any matters arising not addressed below.
- "History is made by those who control the minutes"?
- Reports and discussion of recent actions and current and emerging campaigns:
- Report from Friday 8 November Willesden Bus Garage 'Defend Willesden Unite Rep Robert Chung' demo called by Brent Fightback
- Justice for Herbert and All Claimants Campaign update
- Mark's anti-eviction progress
- Elizabeth's landlord situation
- KUWG workshops progress
- How we use our stewardship of increased KUWG finance. Alan proposes that KUWG
- Pays up front for weekly room rental at Kingsgate Community Centre up till end of December 2014 at least
- Makes a donation to LCAP, and maybe even a standing order to TUC National Appeal for the Unemployed, and/or set aside a special a/c to help fund our outreach to emerging unemployed workers/claimants union groups outside London
- Considers a budget for running costs including
- stationery [printouts of minutes],
- campaigning materials,
- room hires for workshops
- travel costs,
- Starts an investment a/c with Nationwide Building Society, Triodos Bank or Metro Bank that will earn us more generous and more ethical interest than available through the current Barclays current a/c or anything hedge-fund owned Co-operative Bank could offer us. Co-operative Bank customers include human rights abusing and corporation tax-dodging G4S!
- Next KUWG jobcentre leafleting, logo and leaflet design matters and flags
- Forward planning to
Boycott Workfare Week, Monday 2 December to Sunday 8 December
- Possibilitiy of liaising with allied organisations toward a Boycott Workfare Week demo at Hammersmith Jobcentre, where Universal Credit is now being piloted.
- Other events and campaigns
- Finance issues
- AOB, incl Cases (Pt 2) if necessary, and prompt exit by 5:30pm, with tables and chairs put back in storage space.