KUWG on Twitter

Friday 21 October 2016

Camden Cllr Siân Berry seeks equality best practices

Another Cllr Siân Berry guest blog post
 

LGBTIQ manifesto launchCouncil news: I'm asking for best practice in equality

Following positive answers from the Mayor of London (and improvements on the way in the GLA group of organisations), I've asked Camden Council to change how it deals with gender and diversity in its data and recruitment procedures.
I have written to Camden's Cabinet Member for Equality & Employment, Larraine Revah, to urge Camden to change official forms and recruitment processes. I've asked for better practices including:
  • Giving people the option not to reveal their gender when filling in forms to access services, include a choice of gender-neutral titles
  • Name-blind shortlisting processes when recruiting staff
Some of the other councillors have backed me on twitter already, so I'm hoping for a positive answer soon, to match the good news from City Hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment