General Election 2015 and you
By Dude Swheatie of Kwug
Additional info to aid you in deciding which party/ies to support:
Other Political Parties and how to identify who is standing in your parliamentary consitutency:
- YourNextMP — UK 2015 General Election candidates, should help you identify who is standing in your parliamentary consituency and how to connect with them(3)
- Left Unity — a political party(4)
- Trade Union & Socialist Coalition (TUSC) — a political party(5)
Disabled people's interests and General Elections:A pre-2010 Government installed an investment banker as welfare reform guru despite his being apparently about the fact that testing for out of waged work disabilitiy benefit Incapacity Benefit was not handled by the claimant's own general practitioner but a company contracted by the DWP. (6) (7) That welfare reform guru David Freud became the coalition government's Welfare Reform Minister in 2010 as Lord Freud.(8)
And in line with a since-discredited USA-based health insurance company called Unum having been undemocratically installed as an adviser to UK governments on welfare reform since 1994 and not sacked since 2000 when declared purveyor of 'disability denial factories', the 'welfare reform debate' has largely centred around smear stories against benefit claimants. (9) (10)
That is all despite the UK Government of 2007 having signed up to the UN Convention on the Rights of Disabled People.
- Disabled People Against Cuts — DPAC General Election 2015 Manifesto: United Nations Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) must be fully implemented, promoted and enforced (11)
- Did more people with learning disabilities vote in General Election 2010?
- Why social care for people with learning difficulties must become a General Election issue
- How a jobseeker with learning disabilities is treated in 2015