- Overview of
- Hustings for w/c 6 April
- Hustings for w/c 13 April
- Hustings for w/c 20 April
An overview of the constituency can be found at http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-the-60-seats-that-could-decide-the-outcome-10140079.html. Hampstead & Kilburn is deemed to be the #1 Labour/Conservative key marginal, but the Hampstead & Kilburn Labour majority of 42 at the 2010 General Election was after a boundary change that turned SE3 resident Glenda Jackson from MP for the more leafy Hampstead & Highgate constituency into the MP for more-urban Hampstead & Kilburn.
And the casework of Kilburn Unemployed Workers Group meetings suggests that in the majority of cases, Glenda Jackson displayed an indifference to poorer single people that was characterised by the catch phrase: "What do you expect me to do about it?"
Meanwhile the messaging of Camden Councillor and Tory Hampstead & Kilburn hopeful simon Marcus is much less likely to focus on mansion tax in Kilburn where a high proportion of people live in rented property, than in Hampstead and Fortune Green; and the smaller parties are on the rise in this General Election.
An overview of the candidates can be found at http://westhampsteadlife.com/2015/01/24/election-2015-hampstead-kilburn-candidates-line-up/15963
- Thu 9 April 7.30pm for 8pm start - Queen's Park Area Residents Association (QPARA) - St Anne's Church, 125 Salusbury Rd, NW6 6RG. Further details at QPRARA website.
- Fri 10 April 8pm - St Andrew's church hustings, Finchley Road, NW3 7DY - 8pm. Location map
- Mon 13 April, 7:30pm: Brent Stop War Coalition hustings with Hampstead & Kilburn candidates Rebecca Johnson (Green Party) and Tulip Siddiq (Labour), plus Conservative, Lib Dem, TUSC and Ukip candidates for the other Brent constituencies. Venue: Pakistan Community Centre, Station Parade, NW2 4PU near Willesden Green tube. Buses 260, 266, 460. Location map
- Tuesday 14
April 6pm-8.30pm : Why Does My Vote Matter?
- Have a big issue you want to talk about with representatives from parties standing for election in the Borough of Camden?
- Join Women of Colour in the Global Strike in partnership with Stopwatch and representatives of groups based at the Crossroads Women's Centre on Wednesday 15 April.
- Come and find out what local representatives will be doing to defend our multi-racial community.
- Add your voice, ask your questions. Issues include policing and crime; immigration and Islamophobia; women, children and young peoples’ experiences.
- Free, open to all. Refreshments 5.45pm for 6pm start.
- Venue: Kentish Town Community Centre, 17 Busby Place, NW5 2SP. Location map
- Wed 15 April 7pm - West Hampstead Synagogue at Dennington Park Lane NW6 1AX. Location map
- Thursday 16 April, 7:30pm-9:30pm: Hustings for Kensal to Kilburn Transition Town at Queens Park Community School, Ayleston Ave, NW6 7BQ Location map
- Friday April 17th (Brent Central and Hampstead and Kilburn) 8pm Church of Transfiguration, 1 Wrentham Avenue, NW10 3HT. Location map
- Sun 19 April - Brondesbury Park Synagogue, 143/145 Brondesbury Park, London, NW2 5JL. Location map
- Mon 20 April, 5:30pm-7:30pm: Hampstead & Kilburn Hustings, hosted by KUWG in association with Somali Cultural Centre and The Winch Youth Project at
UCL Academy School, Adelaide Road, NW3 3AQ. (Swiss Cottage tube, 31 and C11 buses.) Location map