Tuesday 24/10/17 6.30pm-8.30pm Kingsgate Community Centre, 107 Kingsgate Road, NW6 2JH
- Giselle as KUWG and Chair of Unite Community Brent, with the aid of a big map, highlighting how people especially with walking problems will be seriously affected, and thus more easily sanctioned
- John Kilvington from Somali Cultural Centre, on the absurd cases he has had and how it obviously will make people with language and cultural issues prone to misunderstand and get sanctioned.
- Winvisible [Women with Visible and Invisible Disabitlities] to confirm our experiences and offer their campaigning skills.
- Pete Firmin as Chair of Brent Trades Council will speak about how workers could be affected, and mention how other closures of public buildings impact the community.
- Tulip Siddiq MP has sent message of support.
- MP Dawn Butler has been asked to come or send message of support.
- Siân Berry Green Party Member of the London Assembly has sent her apologies.
- Brent Green Party member Peter Murry will speak from a Green Party Trade Union Group perspective
- Green Party Member Alan Wheatley has sent KWUG placards as room decorations, while he cannot attend in person
- Councillor Shama Tatler (Brent Council) who wrote to DWP about proposed closures has been requested to attend.
- PCS [jobcentre workers union] speakers invited, but no response.
Tues 24 Oct - WinVisible speaking at KUWG meeting vs Jobcentre closures
Tues 24 October 2017, 6.30-8.30pm
Tuesday 24 October update: Cllr Sham Tatler writes: