KUWG on Twitter

Saturday 1 April 2017

Illegitimate authority robs people through forms and lack of support in filling in those forms

American singer, songwriter, 'man of the people' and extensive traveller Woody Guthrie wrote, 
Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.(1)
The Kwug Blog already has one reference to those lines from Guthrie's song Pretty Boy Floyd.(2) 

While I forward the below onto you, it strikes me through a more thorough reading of today's Camden New Journal lead story,(3) that illegitimate authority exacerbates people's form phobia and by denying them the support they require and also by making application forms of various kinds more complicated and minefield-like, strips many decent people of everything they've got.
[Stoly said]: “I ended up in this mess because I couldn’t fill out my indefinite leave to remain form properly. I don’t understand those things. I can write poetry in English, I dream in English and I function professionally in English, but I can’t read forms in Serbian or English. That’s my problem and that’s how I ended up in this sticky situation.”(4)

See also Kwug Blog references to forms.(5)

Alan

On Saturday, 1 April 2017, 15:29, Kwug Blog editor e-mailed:

I was shocked this afternoon to see that the lead story in Camden New Journal today is about the prospective deportation of a local shop worker who has served me frequently.

So I have signed the petition that has arisen out of the threatened deportation.

I added this comment to my signature:
"As a measure of the man that Stoly is, the last time I saw him was as I was waiting at the Kentish Town Post Office bus stop after my regular Earth Foods shop. What was Stoly doing there at that bus stop? He was helping a blind/visually impaired customer who uses the same home bus stop as I do, to get on the correct bus.

"As a measure of those who would like to deport him, they would love to steal his national insurance and tax contributions."

Notes

  1. http://www.metrolyrics.com/pretty-boy-floyd-lyrics-woody-guthrie.html
  2. http://kilburnunemployed.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/hostage-taking-by-government-as-act-of-terrorism.html
  3. http://camdennewjournal.com/article/stoly-jankovic-much-loved-shop-worker-is-mortified-over-looming-deportation
  4. http://camdennewjournal.com/article/stoly-jankovic-much-loved-shop-worker-is-mortified-over-looming-deportation 
  5. http://kilburnunemployed.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=forms

No comments:

Post a Comment