KUWG Diary for Discussion at Thursday 17 October KUWG Business Meeting
- Thursday 10 October, 3pm-5:30pm @ Kingsgate Community Centre, 107 Kingsgate Road, NW6 2JH, in the Small Hall
- KUWG weekly business meeting.
- Sat 12 Oct, 1:30-4:30pm @ Navariono Mansions Community Hall, Hackney
- London Coalition Against Poverty General Meeting. KUWG is affiliated to LCAP
- Weds 16 Oct, Assemble 11am @ Malet Street, London WC1E 7HY
- Fire Brigades Union demonstration on pensions and cuts
FBU national demonstration: “an opportunity for firefighters, our families and friends to tell the Westminster government to stop cutting our fire and rescue service and to provide decent pensions for all. An FBU leaflet and poster have been sent to members and fire stations.” Supported by George Binette of Camden Trades Council
- Tues 15 October, 12:30pm National Estate Agents 75 High Rd, NW10 2SU
- Stop Racism in Letting Agencies
Picket against estate agents found to have colluded with racist landlords' colour bar. See BBC News report London letting agents 'refuse black tenants'
- Thurs 17 October, 3pm-5:30pm in Small Hall at Kingsgate CC
- KUWG weekly business meeting
This meeting will start largely with casework as usual, but alos focus on how we get our messages and leaflets across when we leaflet jobcentres, etc so as to attract and keep more members and be more effective.
The Secretary will be leaving at 5:00pm so as to attend a Camden Trades Council meeting in WC1 at 6pm. So the KUWG Secretary will not be the minute-taker on this occasion and a minute-taker for this meeting will need to be appointed at the start of the meeting.
- Thursday 17th October: London Teachers Strike Day
- • Assemble 10:30am @ Malet Street, London WC1E 7HZ (Off Gower Street).
- • Rally for Education: 12:15pm Emmanuel Centre, Marsham Street, London SW1P 3DW
- London teachers strike
- Thurs 17 October, 6pm in a ground floor room at BMA House, Tavistock Square, WC1H 9JP
- Camden Trades Council meeting with Guest Speaker Nick Phillips of London Unemployed Strategies
- Fri 18 Oct, 9am @ Camderwell Magistrates Court D'Eynsford Rd, LB Southwark SE5 7EB
- No Council Tax Benefit Cuts. Protest — called by Unite the Union — Community Members
Facebook event page.
Unite Community Web details: Tweet with us @unitehousing
- Join our branch- facebook page. Our Website is also very up to date with lots of useful information on current campaigns, disputes & resources!
- Saturday 19 Oct
ober, Start: 11am.
Tickets: £3 waged; £5 ordinary
@ Bloomsbury Baptist Church,
235 Shaftesbury Avenue
WC2H 8EP. Online registration and further details
- Unite the Resistance National Conference. Speakers incl: Billy Hayes (Gen Sec Communications Workers Union; Liz Lawrence (Vice Pres Universities & Colleges Union); Ronnie Drapers (Gen Sec BFAWU bakers' union); Jeremy Corbyn MP; Jane Aitchison (PCS)....
- Wed 23 Oct 2pm – 3pm @ Kilburn Jobcentre, 5 Cambridge Ave, NW6 5AH
- Members of KUWG engage in a guided tour of the facilities in the company of the manager as we attempt to secure Justice for Herbert and Other Benefit Claimants
- Tues 29 Oct ober, 6:30p - 8:30pm @ London South Bank Uni (Room TBC)
- Social Work Action Network London meeting, with themed discussion on 'Anti-racist social work': What is anti-racist social worK? And how is it relevant to social work practice in 2013?
- Tuesday 5 November. Assemble at Jubilee Gardens @ 6pm
- “The People's Assembly is organising an all-London action — …. then block Westminster Bri. — as act of civil
See role call of events around the country.
- Tuesday 5 November
- Anonymous is calling for a worldwide 'Million Mask March'