KILBURN UNEMPLOYED WORKERS GROUP
THURSDAY 10 OCTOBER 2013
VENUE: KINGSGATE COMMUNITY CENTRE, 107 KINGSGATE ROAD, NW6 2JH,
- Gather and decide whether to start with a brief meditation — and do so not
- Appointment/selection of facilitator/chairperson and minute-taker
- Cases &; Members' Wellbeing(Pt 1)
- Reports and Consultations:
- UN consultation prior to investigation into UK Government defaulting on UN Convention on Rights of People with Disabilities [with 10 November deadline for responses]; UK Government response to that [a consultation with 2 week deadline for responses]; and
- Request from Trust for London — who fund London Unemployed Strategies — for experts by experience to come forward toward talking with media in the context of TFL's 'London Poverty Profile', report launch of which is Monday 14 October
- Friday 4 October: 'Winning the argument on welfare' conference at TUC HQ report by Alan
- Sunday 6 October: Demo against the Daily Mail, report by Angela or Giselle
- Wednesday 9 October: Leafleting at Kilburn Jobcentre
- Committee report by George
- Draft Minutes of group meetings held 3 October 2013
- Workshop date suggestions/proposals:
- 'The precariat' (a term that merges 'precarious' with 'proletariat'), possibly integrating discussion abouty holistic health?
- Work Programme — aka 'Non-Work Programme' — 'conditionality', sanctions and maybe the 'Claimant Commitment'?
- Justice for Herbert & All Claimants planning
- AOB, incl Cases (Pt 2) if necessary, and prompt exit by 5:30pm, with tables and chairs put back in storage space.